Nous sommes actuellement le 24/04/2019 13:52

Le fuseau horaire est UTC

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 1 message ] 
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message : New Zealands Steven Alker won the Clevelan
Message Publié : 17/04/2019 01:12 
Noob

Message(s) : 0
WESTLAKE, Ohio -- New Zealands Steven Alker won the Cleveland Open on Sunday in the longest playoff in Web.com Tour history, beating South Africas Dawie van der Walt with a birdie on the 11th extra hole. Alker and van der Walt parred for first 10 holes in the playoff at Lakewood Country Club before Alker finally broke through with a 3-foot birdie putt on the par-4 18th. "I finally had a right number," the 42-year-old Alker said. "I had 172 yards and just hit a perfect 7-iron. ... I had a lot of chances. I felt like I was inside of Dawie several times and had several chances to win. I got a little bit dizzy out there. At one point, and I cant recall when, Dawie and I looked at each other and I said is Is anybody going to win?" The 11-hole playoff broke the tour record of nine set it 1998 in Eric Bookers victory over Notah Begay III in the Lehigh Valley Open, and matched in 2009 in Gary Christians win over Mathias Gronberg in the Northeast Pennsylvania Classic. It also matched the record for the longest playoff in a PGA Tour-sanctioned event, set in the 1949 Motor City Open when Cary Middlecoff and Lloyd Mangrum were declared co-winners because of darkness. Alker bogeyed the final two holes of regulation for a 6-under 65, and van der Walt birdied the last two holes -- holing a 20-footer on 18 -- for a 66. They finished at 14-under 270 on the A.W. Tillinghast-designed course that opened in 1921. "I didnt think I had a chance after the bogey on 16 (in regulation)," van der Walt said. "I had nothing to lose and everything to gain. I just played 11 holes and couldnt make another birdie." Alker earned $108,000 to jump from 102nd to 12th on the money list with $125,180. He has four career victories on the tour. "Its very satisfying," said Alker, who successfully qualified for the U.S. Open on Monday in California. "I won last year and then to come out and win again this year is really pleasing since I havent been in the habit of doing that." South Koreas Si Woo Kim was a stroke back after a 65. Jon Curran, Jason Gore, Jeff Curl and Ryan Armour tied for fourth at 11 under. Zack Greinke Jersey . 42 sitting next to the bench. The 57-year-old with greying hair couldnt box out or grab a rebound, but owner Ted Leonsis waved his red towel and egged on a cheering crowd that chanted "Free Nene!" The Wizards did just fine without the suspended Brazilian forward. Randy Johnson Jersey . Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane wanted to stay in Chicago and the Blackhawks wanted to keep the high-scoring forwards in the only NHL uniform they have ever known. http://www.diamondbacksapparelsshop.com/curt-schilling-jersey-c-16/ . The defending champions sent their preliminary list to FIFA on Tuesday, with coach Vicente del Bosque to announce the final 23-man squad on May 25. Costa is set to lead the attack in his native Brazil, with Atletico Madrid teammate David Villa and Chelseas Fernando Torres also included, while David de Gea replaces injured goalkeeper Victor Valdes. Luis Gonzalez Jersey . Robert Griffin III, the No. 2 pick in the 2012 draft, set numerous rookie records and was picked AP Offensive Rookie of the Year for the Washington Redskins. Custom Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys . Kelli Stack and Alex Carpenter also scored for the Americans, who avoided a repeat of Finlands upset at the Four Nations Cup in Lake Placid, N.Y., in November. Finnish goalie Noora Raty made 58 saves in that one, but the three-time Olympian could stop just 40 of 43 U.CLEVELAND - Jason Giambi has never taken a single day as a major leaguer for granted. And at 43, the veteran sluggers not about to start. Giambi was activated from the disabled list on Tuesday by the Cleveland Indians, who also recalled right-hander Trevor Bauer from Triple-A Columbus to start against Detroit and made several other roster moves. Although he wasnt in the starting lineup to face Justin Verlander, Giambi is grateful to be back in any capacity. "Its fun to have your name on the lineup card and get a chance to help the ball club out," he said. Giambi had been placed on the DL on May 5 with a strained calf he injured a day earlier against the Chicago White Sox. It was his Giambis second trip to the DL after he fractured a rib during spring training. Before he went on the DL last month, Giambi, who has 438 career homers, was hitless in 10 at-bats. Its been a rough start. "I went basically from a broken rib, played a few games, calf injury," he said. "That kind of happens when you get that short spring training and dont get to play much. Its definitely hard to get going and come back to the cold weather, but Im excited to be back." The Indians also promoted utility man Justin Sellers from Triple-A Columbus and optioned infielder Jose Ramirez to the Clippers. First baseman Jesus Aguilar, who had two RBIs in Mondays win over Detroit, and left-hander T.J. House were optioned back to the minor leagues to clear room for Giambi and Bauer.dddddddddddd. Indians manager Terry Francona intends to use Giambi in pinch-hitting situations. Hell also be used at designated hitter, and could see more time if Carlos Santana, who is batting .148, continues to struggle. Giambi said if there was one positive about his calf injury, its that it didnt prevent him from keeping his swing sharp. "I was able to do everything," he said. "I could hit. I could do everything else. With the rib, I basically couldnt do anything. I was shut down for basically five weeks, not doing anything. "So, that was nice. I could still hit, throw, everything but run. I kept up with my hitting, which was great. I feel like I could catch up, like I dont have to make up that time to get some swings in, so thats big for me." Bauer will be making his second start. The right-hander, who went 4-1 with a 2.15 ERA in seven starts in the minors, will match up against Verlander and face Detroits fearsome lineup for the first time. The 23-year-old Bauer struck out eight in a spot start against San Diego on April 9. He took the loss, but went back to Columbus and continued to dominate. "We were glad we got a chance to glimpse the last outing, and then he went back to Triple-A and kicked it into gear," Francona said. "Weve been talking for a year, this guys a big part of what we want to do going forward. And to see him growing and understanding, its exciting." ' ' '

Hors-ligne Profil Envoyer un courriel  

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 1 message ] 

Le fuseau horaire est UTC